Empowering the lifelong health and well-being of our community – together.
The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) is a non-profit community governed organization that provides comprehensive medical care to our clients and patients.
A Connected Community
Our Grand Bend and Hensall sites work in collaboration with the Southwest and Erie-St. Clair Local Health Integration Networks, as well as various agencies and services within Lambton and Huron counties.
An ongoing partnership with area hospitals allows our Centre to provide the best care and programming possible for our clients, patients and the surrounding community.
Our Centre Consists of…
- Primary Care: Physicians, Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioners, Registered Practical Nurses, Medical Office Assistants, Phlebotomists
- Better Breathing Team: Registered Respiratory Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Kinesiologist, Physiotherapist, Social Worker
- Social Work: Registered Social Workers
- Diabetes Program: Diabetes Nurse Educator, Diabetes Dietitians, Diabetes Administrative Assistant
- Community Health: Health Promoters, Community Dietitians
- Physiotherapy: Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Kinesiologist, Medical Office Assistants
- Visiting Specialists: Chiropodist, Endocrinologist, Internist
- Administrative Staff: Finance Coordinator, Data Management/Information Technology Coordinator, Office Administrator, Executive Director, Director of Primary Care Support Services, Manager, Human Resources & Corporate Services, Health Promotion, Partnerships Coordinator, Integrated Primary Care and Chronic Disease Manager.
In 1971, our first medical building was built in Grand Bend on Gill Road with only a small number of doctors, registered nurses and medical office assistants.
We adopted the Community Health Centre model in 1999 with the addition of a physiotherapist, health promoter, social worker, dietitian and a diabetes education program.
It was evident that we needed more space, so our Centre moved to its current home at 69 Main Street East in 2004.
The newly renovated space in Hensall was opened in 2010 to incorporate teaching into primary care activities.
Areas We Serve
Our offices are located in Grand Bend and Hensall. We provide Primary Health Care Services to individuals who reside or do business in Grand Bend, Hensall, Crediton, Zurich, Dashwood, Kippen and Port Franks.
We offer walk-in service to area residents and seasonal guests by appointment only during the week and on a first come first serve basis on Saturday mornings.
Anyone can access our Programs and Services offered at our two locations, a variety of outreach community spaces and through home visits in: Grand Bend, Hensall, Port Franks, Crediton, Dashwood, Kippen, Thedford, Petrolia, Exeter, Zurich, Huron Park, Hensall, Parkhill and Bayfield.
Grand Bend Community Health Centre
Making Accessibility a Priority
We ensure equal access and participation for people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. Our centre is committed to removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and meeting requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Other Accessibility Resources:
Accessibility Statement – All documents can be provided in an accessible format upon request.