(up to 0.8 FTE or 30 hr/wk)
The Community Engagement Student will work with the Community Developer and the Connected Rural Communities Collaborative (CRCC) to undertake community development and engagement initiatives that include: working with and gathering information from those with lived experience, mapping community assets/resources, building community partnerships, sharing the information collected and facilitating the development of key strategies to strengthen connectedness across area communities.
This work will identify factors affecting social isolation, connectedness, and inclusion from people experiencing the issue. The information collected will help the Health Centre and CRCC understand the realities of the current situation, recruit key partners, and identify common strategies that can be applied across participating communities to strengthen connectedness, belonging, inclusion and reduce isolation for community members.
The successful candidate will work with the CRCC team and Community Developer to:
- Advertise for, discern opportunities to identify, and engage community members who experience isolation or exclusion in the completion of the surveys.
- Conduct interviews and survey people with lived experience to understand the realities of and factors affecting isolation, inclusion, and connectedness.
- Assist with data analysis.
- Assist with the development of a community asset tool/app.
- Present interview and survey data, in an accessible format, at community and CRCC meetings.
- Plan community events to share the project findings.
- Provide information for the evaluation of this project.
This position reports to the Community Health Promotion Coordinator for day-to-day operations.
- Student enrolled in a community development or data science university program in 2018-19.
- Experience in community engagement, data analysis, communications, motivational interviewing, and event planning.
- Outstanding written, oral, and visual communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in close collaboration with diverse constituents.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software.
Interested applicants may forward a resume and covering letter by April 11 at 4:30 pm in confidence to:
Community Health Promotion Coordinator
69 Main St East
Grand Bend, ON
No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.