Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre is now recruiting for a
1 FTE Nurse Practitioner – One-Year Temporary Maternity Leave
The Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC) will provide primary care functions and participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, their families and the community. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the Nurse Practitioner functions include the following:
- Independently diagnose and manage minor episodic and stable chronic illnesses commonly seen in primary care, as well as, provide wellness care to adults, adolescents, children and infants.
- Interdependently consult with other members of the clinical team where appropriate.
The position works as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide primary care and walk-in services that are inclusionary and flexible at both sites of the GBACHC. The role collaborates with an interdisciplinary team to develop, implement and adjust the patient/client care plan and meet their need for integrated services and continuity of care across the health care continuum.
The position reports to the Director of Integrated Primary Care and Chronic Disease.
- Undergraduate degree in nursing from a recognized university.
- Registration in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Three to five years nursing experience in a community setting or a combination of community and hospital or public health settings; experience in a primary care setting an asset.
- A strong background in mental health, addictions and/or chronic medical conditions is preferred.
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may email a resume and cover letter in confidence to: Human Resources at email@example.com by January 10, 2020.
Please quote Nurse Practitioner in subject line of your email. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GBACHC is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Our employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability unrelated to ability to do a job, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, termination, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.