On May 19, 2020, the Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) opened a COVID-19 Assessment Centre with a drive-up testing site. The testing site is open Monday to Friday from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm, excluding statutory holidays.
People who believe they have COVID-19 are encouraged to contact their own physician to be virtually assessed and to determine if they need testing. If they do not have a physician or access to their physician, they may book a virtual assessment with a GBACHC physician.
The GBACHC COVID-19 Assessment Centre will adhere to the testing guideline criteria established by the Ontario Ministry of Health and endorsed by the Huron Perth Health Unit. These criteria prioritize certain populations based on risk.
What to expect at the testing site:
- Everyone is requested to first take the COVID-19 self-assessment on covid-19.ontario.ca.
- People without access to a physician may call the GBACHC to book a virtual assessment at 519-238-2362.
- People who require testing may come to the GBACHC COVID-19 Assessment Centre drive-up testing site located at 69 Main Street East, Grand Bend. If people would like a pre-booked appointment time, please call 519-238-2362 in advance. If people do not have a pre-booked appointment time, they may need to wait for a turn to be tested.
- People are asked not to eat or drink anything 30 minutes prior to the test.
- The testing site will have parking lot signage to direct people to the testing area.
- A GBACHC staff member wearing personal protective equipment will approach the vehicle to confirm the person’s health information. The staff member will also provide written instructions for accessing and departing the drive-up testing site and how to obtain test results.
- One vehicle at a time will be allowed in the drive-up testing site.
- People are asked to return home immediately following their test to self-isolate and await their test results.
For more information, please contact:
Cate Melito, CEO: email@example.com or 519-238-1556 ext. 263