The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) is seeking a community researcher to assist with a research project. The position is up to 1.0 FTE or 37.5 hours per week.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare providers have had to adjust how care is provided to individuals and groups. People receiving care have adjusted to how they receive health care and participate in groups. The GBACHC is interested in researching the change in care delivery through the quadruple aim approach. The GBACHC community research project will consider questions, such as:
- What is the impact of care adjustments on health outcomes?
- What is the value and experience of the care received?
- What is the health care provider’s experience?
The Community Researcher will work with the Community Health Promotion Coordinator and the Community Advisory Council to undertake community engagement and research work. The Community Researcher will gather information from those that have experienced care adjustments and from those who have provided care, compile and analyze the data, and develop a summary report to be shared with key stakeholders and partners.
The information collected will help the GBACHC and the Community Advisory Council consider ways to support the current delivery of care moving forward and to continue to develop innovative care provision with patient and caregiver input.
- The successful candidate will work with the Community Health Promotion Coordinator to complete the following:
- Advertise for and develop opportunities to identify and engage community members who received care at the GBACHC between March 2020 and June 2020.
- Conduct interviews and survey people and healthcare providers.
- Assist with data analysis.
- Present interview and survey data to the GBACHC and its stakeholders and partners in an accessible format.
- Plan a community event to share the findings.
- Assist in the development of a summary report.
This position reports to the Community Health Promotion Coordinator for day-to-day operations.
- Student enrolled in a community development or data science university program in 2019-20.
- Experience in community engagement, data analysis, communications, motivational interviewing, and event planning.
- Outstanding written, oral, and visual communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in close collaboration with diverse constituents.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software.
Interested applicants may forward a resume and covering letter by June 12, 2020 at 4:30 pm in confidence to:
Chief Executive Officer
69 Main St East
Grand Bend, ON N0M 1T0
*No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.