The Medical Office Assistant (MOA) provides reception, clerical and clinical assistance to the Centre’s patients/clients, staff and to the general public. MOAs are subject to the Centre’s confidentiality.
This position reports to the Director of Primary Care Support Services.
- Post secondary medical office administration or assistant training or combination of training and experience.
- Previous medical office experience and asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication and computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Reception: Preparing for, receiving and processing patients/clients and the public.
- Screening patients for Covid-19 and scheduling Covid-19 testing.
- Clerical duties: Includes chart and patient demographic management, encountering, third-party and uninsured billing, answering telephone inquiries, and preparing referral letters.
Receiving, processing and distributing lab results, consult notes and letters.
- Triage of telephone and walk-in patients.
- Infection control.
- Procedures as requested by practitioners such as: venipuncture, drawing-up injections, patient preparation and blood pressures, carrying out procedures such as ECG, spirometry, holter monitor.
- Telephoning, faxing and charting renewals of routine medications to pharmacies.
- Possible physiotherapy assistant and chiropody duties.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Primary Care.
Interested applicants can forward a resume and covering letter in confidence to HR@gbchc.com identifying MOA Application in the subject line on or before 4:30 pm on Friday October 23th, 2020.