- Registered kinesiologist to work with the COPD program and physiotherapy department
- Temporary fulltime maternity leave
- April 2021 – August 2022
To assist in the delivery of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (COPD) program including but not limited to ensuring a safe fitness environment and being an integral part of a team to contribute to achieving the department’s goals and objectives. To lead and facilitate exercise programs and individual exercise plans with patients/clients. To work alongside the Centre’s departments and to help provide optimal fitness classes and training ensuring that the organization operates in a safe, efficient and effective manner. To collaborate with physiotherapists to manage patients/clients within the physiotherapy department and to assist with the patient’s/client’s goals attainment.
This position reports to the Director of Integrated Primary Care and Chronic Disease for day-to-day operations.
- Must be registered with the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario (COKO)
- First Aid and CPR certification- Basic Life Support level “C” and AED
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Recent experience in a cardiac-pulmonary rehabilitation environment is considered an asset including the following:
- Evaluating and interpreting clinical data
- Conducting exercise sessions
- Responding to complications
- Modifying exercise for cardio-pulmonary limitations
- Prescribing aerobic and strength exercise
- Establish exercise prescriptions including target heart rates based on an exercise stress test.
Prior to start date, a Vulnerable Sector Police Check completed within the last six months.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are requested to forward their resume and cover letter in confidence by January 19, 2021 to:
Please quote Kinesiologist in subject line of your email.
The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence. The GBACHC is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If requested, accommodation will be provided during the recruitment process. This document is available in an alternative format upon request to accommodate individuals with a disability.
We thank all those who are interested in this role. Only those meeting the selection criteria and selected for further screening will be contacted.