- 0.5 FTE Registered Dietitian in the diabetes program
- Hensall site
- Part-time permanent position
The Registered Dietitian plans and directs the nutritional care of patients/clients living with diabetes and/or pre-diabetes within the catchment area. They participates in community health education to promote better nutrition for individuals living with diabetes or pre-diabetes. This position will be located at our Hensall site.
This position reports to the Director of Integrated Primary Care & Chronic Disease.
1. Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in nutrition care.
2. Three to five years of experience in diabetes clinical counselling and nutrition.
3. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
4. Demonstrated commitment to community-based health care and knowledge of community-based resources.
5. Sensitivity to, interest in and knowledge of socio-economic and cross-cultural issues in diet and nutrition.
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to undertake nutritional counselling (individual and group).
7. Proficiency and experience working in a computerized environment.
8. University degree in foods and nutrition from a recognized university.
9. Completion of an accredited dietetic internship master’s degree.
10. Member of the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
11. Have or willing to obtain Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE) certification.
Prior to start date, a Vulnerable Sector Police Check completed within the last six months.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are requested to forward their resume and cover letter in confidence by November 13, 2020 to:
Please quote Registered Dietitian in the subject line of your email.
The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence. The GBACHC is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If requested, accommodation will be provided during the recruitment process. This document is available in an alternative format upon request to accommodate individuals with a disability.
We thank all those who are interested in this role. Only those meeting the selection criteria and selected for further screening will be contacted.