- Part-time temporary, approx. 7.5 hours per week
- Begins December 1, 2020
The incumbent supports the Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) communication strategies and provides a variety of administrative support to the members of the management team.
The Communication-Administrative Assistant reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Diploma or degree in a relevant discipline, or combination of diploma and related experience.
- Experience in a communications or public relations role.
- Experience providing administrative support to a variety of work groups.
- Proficiency using WordPress and Divi website builder.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 including Word (mail and email merge), Excel (list development and cleaning), Teams, and SharePoint websites.
- Content development skills including interviewing, writing, copyediting and online publishing to blogs and social media.
- Understanding of the best practices of main social media channels to further the communication strategies of the GBACHC.
- Experience working in a health care environment would be an asset.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and work independently.
- Develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including press releases, blog posts and social media content.
- Provide a variety of administrative support to the management team including mail merge letters to large numbers of waiting list applicants or patients and updating program calendars on the website.
- Assist with the management of the GBACHC policies and procedures, including updating and formatting to GBACHC standards.
- Support publicity and public relations activities as assigned including website maintenance, Facebook, Google and Twitter accounts.
- Ensure that all communications, publicity, and public relations materials align with the GBACHC mission, vision and values.
- Work with GBACHC leadership and staff to conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of this role.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are requested to forward their resume and cover letter in confidence by November 16, 2020 to:
Please quote Communication-Administrative Assistant in the subject line of your email.
The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence. The GBACHC is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If requested, accommodation will be provided during the recruitment process. This document is available in an alternative format upon request to accommodate individuals with a disability.
We thank all those who are interested in this role. Only those meeting the selection criteria and selected for further screening will be contacted.