- Registered Nurse Educator to work with the diabetes program
- Temporary fulltime maternity leave
- February 2021 to February 2022
The Registered Nurse Educator integrates knowledge, skills and principals of teaching, adult learning principles and change behaviour theories in the provision of diabetes and cholesterol education.
This position reports to the Director of Integrated Primary Care and Chronic Disease.
- Undergraduate degree in nursing from a recognized university (BScN).
- Registered in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (RN).
- Current certification with the Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board (CDE) or willing to obtain the certification.
- Knowledge and proficiency in program planning.
- Advanced assessment skills.
- In-depth knowledge of adult learning principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated commitment and knowledge of community-based health care.
- Leadership in implementation of clinical practice guidelines in diabetes management.
- Proficiency in computer applications as needed in the diabetes program.
Prior to start date, a Vulnerable Sector Police Check completed within the last six months.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are requested to forward their resume and cover letter in confidence by December 1, 2020 to:
Please quote Registered Nurse Educator in the subject line of your email.
The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence. The GBACHC is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If requested, accommodation will be provided during the recruitment process. This document is available in an alternative format upon request to accommodate individuals with a disability.
We thank all those who are interested in this role. Only those meeting the selection criteria and selected for further screening will be contacted.