The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) is seeking a medical office assistant (MOA) for an eight-week summer, full-time role. The MOA provides reception, clerical and clinical assistance to the GBACHC patients/clients, staff and the public. Medical office assistants are subject to the GBACHC confidentiality policy.
This position reports to the Director of Health Support Services.
- Completion of secondary school with enrollment in upcoming studies in a medical field.
- Excellent oral and written communication and computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Preparing for, receiving, and processing patients/clients and the public in person and on the phone.
- Chart and patient/client demographic management
- Appointment encountering
- Third-party and uninsured billings
- Answering telephone inquiries
- Preparing referral letters
- Receiving, processing, and distributing lab results, consult notes and letters
- Procedures as requested by practitioners such as: patient/client preparation and vitals
- Telephoning, faxing, and uploading renewals of routine medications to pharmacies
- Active COVID-19 screening of patients/clients
Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Health Support Service.
How to Apply
Please apply with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence. The GBACHC is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If requested, accommodation will be provided during the recruitment process. This document is available in an alternative format upon request to accommodate individuals with a disability.
We thank all those who are interested in this role. Only those meeting the selection criteria and selected for further screening will be contacted.