One (1) Temporary Parttime Position Available | October 2021 to March 31, 2022
Posted: October 6-13, 2021
Reports To: Director of Health Support Services
The Pandemic Response Worker is responsible for ensuring that potentially infectious entrants to the Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) are directed appropriately during an outbreak or pandemic situation, as well as other activities related to maintaining an effective pandemic response for the GBACHC. The Pandemic Response Worker does not provide medical advice nor diagnoses.
- Ensure all entrants to the GBACHC complete the screening process.
- For people who are not entering the GBACHC (e.g.: deliveries), ensure that they are assisted by a staff member.
- For those people who do not have an appointment or who are not part of a group, but are entering the building, that they record their contact information on the logbook.
- Direct entrants as appropriate, according to the outcome of the screening process. This may include advising entrants that they are not permitted to enter.
- Ensure that entrants perform hand hygiene and don personal protective equipment (PPE) if appropriate.
- Set up the screening desk at the beginning of the shift and close off the screening desk at the end of the shift. This includes gathering appropriate materials and tools needed for the screening desk, e.g., PPE, phone, handouts, logbook, etc., and cleaning and sanitizing of the screening desk and area.
- Coordinate with clinical staff for break coverage and where assistance is otherwise required e.g., questions of a medical nature.
- Ensure that confidentiality and privacy of all entrants is preserved.
- Assist with other activities to ensure that the GBACHC has an effective pandemic response. This can include preparing COVID-19 test swabbing kits, preparing handouts etc.
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Abilities):
- A minimum of a high school diploma is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a customer service role.
- Post-secondary education in medical office administration would be considered an asset.
- Experience and/or understanding of medical terminology and practices would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to listen, understand, and respond appropriately to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to follow standards, processes, and procedures; critical thinking skills are required where deviations from the standard arise.
- Capable of handling difficult or emotional conversations with tact and professionalism.
- Able to be thorough and probing with questioning as necessary.
- Requirement to maintain confidentiality and privacy with respect to all information.
- Current Police Check/Vulnerable Sector Check required upon hire.
- Provide immunization records or proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella.
- A tuberculosis skin test.
- Additional immunizations may be recommended.
- Candidates will need to provide documentation of a completed COVID-19 vaccination series (two vaccines).
Interested applicants may forward a resume and cover letter in confidence to: HR@gbchc.com by October 13, 2021.
The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence. The GBACHC is committed to providing equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If requested, accommodation will be provided during the recruitment process. This document is available in an alternative format upon request to accommodate individuals with a disability.
We thank all those who are interested in this role. Only those meeting the selection criteria and selected for further screening will be contacted.