A connector and partner for people, families and communities to achieve health and wellbeing for all.
A healthy, equitable, and inclusive community where every person has a positive sense of belonging, feels comfortable and has adequate connections.
Enhancements to local rural communities that improve connections, sense of belonging and inclusion, reduce social isolation, as well as improve mental health and happiness of community members.
Collaborative members believe that the Connected Rural Communities vision can be achieved by ensuring:
- Connections among people through mentoring, volunteering and inter-generational contacts.
- Connections to services, groups and activities such as health services, physical activities, as well as recreational, art, learning and leisure activities.
- Connections by active and green transportation such as walking and cycling paths, healthy-active design, car pooling, ride-share, existing buses and a new transit system.
- Connections to safe, affordable housing.
- Connections to the natural environment through trails, green space, gardens and stewardship opportunities.
Grand Bend, ON: The Connected Rural Communities Collaborative (CRCC) is seeking input from the public about their experiences with social isolation. The CRCC received a $75,000 Ontario Trillium Foundation grant to work on reducing social isolation and strengthen...read more
Now recruiting Community Engager (up to 0.8 FTE or 30 hr/wk) Position Summary The Community Engagement Student will work with the Community Developer and the Connected Rural Communities Collaborative (CRCC) to undertake community development and engagement initiatives...read more
Ontario Trillium Foundation funding has given the Connected Rural Communities Collaborative the opportunity to hire a community developer. Meet Matthew Maynard! He will take on the work of building a strong, vibrant, caring community by connecting people to medical...read more