for Grand Bend & Area
This page contains information and resources to stay safe and connected during the pandemic.
COVID-19 Testing by Appointment Only
We are currently experiencing a high volume of demand for COVID-19 testing.
- First determine if you require a COVID-19 test by completing a SELF-ASSESSMENT.
- Do not seek testing at multiple COVID-19 assessment centres as this will result in delayed access and delayed test results for all. If you have already booked an appointment at an assessment centre and can no longer make it, please cancel and rebook your time so others who need a test can be seen. This is important to ensuring those in need can receive timely access to testing and timely access to test results.
As of Tuesday, October 6, you will need an appointment to get a test. If you qualify for a COVID-19 test, please complete an ONLINE APPOINTMENT REQUEST FORM. A member of the COVID-19 Assessment Centre team will call you to book an appointment for a test.
When visiting the testing site, please follow public health measures, including wearing a face covering and maintaining physical distance from people outside your household or social circle.
Who Should be Tested?
Based on the Ontario Government’s current COVID-19 testing guidelines, we are assessing individuals for COVID-19 testing based on the following:
- Individuals with SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19*
- Direct contacts of confirmed COVID- 19 cases** identified as:
- A household contact (note this does not include contacts of contacts such as a friend of someone in your household)
- Directed or recommended by public health via contact tracing or outbreak investigation
- Notified via the COVID Alert app
- In addition, the following groups are eligible for testing at assessment centres regardless of the presence of symptoms. Currently, these are:
- Workers in long-term care homes every two weeks. Workers in long-term care homes should not be tested more frequently than every two weeks unless directed by public health in an outbreak setting.
- Essential caregivers visiting a long-term care home
- Residents or workers in homeless shelters, or other congregate settings. A list of congregate settings is outlined in guidance from the Ministry of Health.
- Pre-operative patients prior to receiving general anaesthesia and cancer patients receiving therapy as outlined in guidance from the Ministry of Health.
- International students who have passed their 14-day quarantine period, or who have developed symptoms within their 14-day period (breaking quarantine to get a test is not encouraged but assessment centres will not turn symptomatic individuals away).
- Farm workers
- Indigenous communities
- Individuals who need testing for international travel clearance
Examples of who would not be eligible for testing
Please note, the following are examples of individuals do not meet testing eligibility criteria:
- Asymptomatic individuals seeking workplace testing outside of outbreak investigations or government requirements
- Other members of the family that do not fit the current COVID-19 testing guidance (those without eligible symptoms or who are not a contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case).
- Asymptomatic close contacts of an individual with symptoms compatible with COVID- 19, unless the individual is confirmed as COVID -19 infected
- Asymptomatic contacts of case contacts (close contacts of an individual who is a contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19, unless the individual is confirmed as COVID-19 infected)
- Asymptomatic sports team member testing unless referred by public health
Stay home, stay safe!
You are not alone, we are in this together! No truer words have been said than now during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre is working with community partners, public health and government ministries to ensure your health and safety are protected during this unprecedented time. We welcome all area residents to contact us for medical and mental health assistance.
This COVID-19 page contains essential links to public information and resources that you will need to come through the pandemic safe and sound. If you know of a good resource, particularily in the Grand Bend area, please email us so that we can include it here.
Above all, we recommend everyone stay home as much as possible, and if you have to go out, keep 6 feet away from other people to stay safe! ~ Cate Melito, CEO
PS: Dr. Englert has important words for all of us – please check out his video message.
We Are Open!
The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre continues to provide primary care and allied health services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
All patients/clients entering the Centre will be screened at the front door and required to wear a mask.
It is very important that you share all of your symptoms with us when being screened in order for us to determine the right route of care that is safe for both you and your provider.
Care may be given virtually by phone or by video conference, or, your provider may choose to see you in person.
Please Call First
Grand Bend: 519-238-2362 | Hensall: 519-262-3140
- Nurse Practitioners
Allied Health Services
- Mental Health Services
- Registered Dietitian
- Diabetes Education
- Better Breathing Team
- Rehabilitation Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
From Our Blog
Physiotherapist, Nicole Pasut, and social worker, Mickey Gurbin, regularily host a series of six virtual Persistent Pain sessions. This free program offers strategies to effectively deal with persistent pain. Join the next group by contacting Nicole or Mickey. Email...
Poverty to Prosperity (P2P) is an anti-poverty coalition in Huron County. The coalition is a collaborative and action-based group that brings people together from across sectors to improve the lives of those who live in poverty. Join us in advocating for Basic Income...
The Grand Bend Community Pandemic Support Group is a partnership of people from local organizations, businesses and municipalities who believe in a healthy recovery from COVID-19 for everyone! This group meets monthly to share new information and resources with each...