Become part of a community that fosters health and wellbeing
With an interdisciplinary workforce of over 50 people working across two sites and in the community, staff at the Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) contribute a broad range of skills, expertise, compassion, and talent. They are dedicated participants in patient/client care. If our vision, mission and values speak to you, please consider joining the team!
The GBACHC is an equal opportunity employer providing a safe and healthy environment that inspires teamwork, respect for the individual, collaboration, and professional development.
Current Employment Opportunities
Registered Practical Nurse - Casual Part-Time Maternity Leave
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) provides clinical support to patients/clients and staff. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced team environment.
The RPN position has a clearly defined role and significant independence to make decisions within the scope of the position and is accountable to the Director of Health Support Services.
1. Graduate of an approved RPN program.
2. Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
3. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interprofessional team environment.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Excellent computer skills and experience with electronic medical record systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Perform and process of procedures as requested by medical providers, including venipuncture, injections, patient preparation, blood pressure measurement, and electrocardiograms.
2. Perform infection control and maintain medical equipment.
3. Perform patient assessments.
4. Maintain consult, preparation, treatment, and procedure rooms.
5. Monitor and maintain cold chain vaccine control.
6. Provide patient instructions and health education.
7. Document patient interventions.
8. Participate in chart reviews as required.
9. Document patient visits in the electronic medical record.
10. Work cooperatively with colleagues, professionals, and the public.
11. Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the RPN position that furthers the objectives and goals of the GBACHC.
12. Maintain patient/client privacy, confidentiality, and agency.
• Standard office environment with exposure to irritants such as background noise, telephone sounds, equipment noise, and constant interruptions.
• Regular use of office equipment requiring coordination and speed.
• Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence. The GBACHC’s employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability unrelated to the ability to do a job, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Full-Time Registered Nurse Educator – Diabetes Program 12- to 18-Month Maternity Leave Contract
The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) diabetes team is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) for maternity leave coverage. The team is looking for an RN who is committed to providing high-quality education and health services to patients/clients living with diabetes, and to people who are at risk of developing diabetes.
The RN, Educator works as a member of an interprofessional team supported by physicians, nurse practitioners, dietitians, social workers, and support staff.
- Provide thorough nursing assessments of patients/clients with prediabetes and diabetes, focusing on social determinants of health, the patient/client’s readiness for change, prior education, and socio-economic and cultural background.
- Facilitate individual counselling sessions and group education classes to meet patient/client and caregiver needs.
- Ensure continuity of care through timely and effective communication with the patient/client’s primary caregiver and interprofessional team.
- Develop diabetes management plans consistent with Diabetes Canada Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Communicate with patients/clients and their caregivers in person, by telephone and by email.
- Tailor education tools and materials to meet the patient/client’s needs to support the regional diabetes program.
- Undergraduate degree in nursing from a recognized university (BScN).
- Registered in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (RN).
- Current certification with the Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board (CDE), or actively working toward completion.
- Leadership experience in the implementation of clinical practice guidelines in diabetes management.
- Proficiency in computer applications as needed in the diabetes program i.e., MS Word and Excel, and PS Suite.
Interested applicants may forward a resume and cover letter by May 12, 2023, in confidence to the following:
Please quote Diabetes-RN in the email subject line.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence. The GBACHC’s employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability unrelated to the ability to do a job, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, termination, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.