Helping you through difficult times in a safe and supportive environment.
One in five Canadians will experience a mental illness in their lifetimes and everyone will know someone who has struggled with their mental health.
Whether it is a stressful workplace, difficult relationship or personal health issue, we are committed to providing our community with patient-centred mental health services to help people navigate through these challenges.
Our social work program offers sessions to individuals, couples and families. Skilled counsellors will meet with clients who would like to obtain a positive mental health outlook. Each appointment is 45 to 60 minutes in length.
We ask all clients to use their Employee Assistance Program services through their employer prior to receiving counselling services at our Centre.
We work with community partners such as Choices for Change and Canadian Mental Health Association to provide clients with the best mental health care possible.
Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) is often used to provide additional professional expertise for care via video in a private, confidential setting.
Choices for Change
Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselling Centre is available at the GBACHC every Friday to meet with individuals to support them through withdrawal management, parent and child counselling and to help each individual find the right solutions for his or her unique situations
Choices for Change ensures that:
- Individuals are entitled to access to confidential service
- Service is collaborative, flexible and respectful of client’s needs, perceptions, beliefs and choices
- The process of behaviour change must utilize the client’s unique strengths and personal resources
Children’s Mental Health Services
Our social work team partners with local children’s mental health agencies to provide service for our community’s youth.
Additional Mental Health Resources
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Crisis Lines and Suicide Prevention
- Victim Services
- Huron Outreach Eating Disorders Program
- Sarnia Lambton: Nurse Practitioner – Adolescent Eating Disorders Program