Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC) staff have worked closely with partners in infection prevention and control to ensure patients/clients, staff, and visitors are safe and protected while in the facilities.
As the province continues to move towards living with COVID-19, the GBACHC is adjusting policies to better reflect the current health and safety risks.
Effective Monday, April 24, the GBACHC will introduce a new masking policy, which aligns with guidelines released by Public Health Ontario.
What This Means for Everyone…
For Patients/Clients and Visitors:
- Patients/clients and visitors are no longer required to wear masks in GBACHC common areas, including hallways, lobbies, and foyers.
- Patients/clients and visitors will continue to be asked to wear a mask when in clinical areas while in direct contact with healthcare workers, other patients, and in the waiting rooms.
- Patients/clients with a fever or respiratory symptoms are required to mask in all GBACHC areas.
- Masks will continue to be available for anyone who prefers to wear one in any setting.
- Masking is still required when staff are providing direct patient care.
- Staff will continue to assess infection safety precautions on an ongoing basis and make changes as needed and required.
Thank you to all for the ongoing support as the active pandemic moves to de-escalation.